View Footprint In:
This polygon feature class represents vegetation communities mapped at Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The polygons were generated using guidelines set by the Standardized National Vegetation Classification System (October 1995). Original lines were drawn on mylar overlays using the DOQs collected in June of 2002. Hard copy 9x9 photography was used for photo interpretation. Traditional image interpretation cues were used to develop the polygons, such as shape, size, pattern, tone, texture, color, and shadow. Additional data layers were used in aiding the interpretation, such as slope, hydrology, geography, and ground-collected vegetation information. The attributed vegetation classes were subjected to an accuracy assessment, following which final adjustments were made to the vegetation classes. As with any digital layer, this layer is a representation of what is actually occurring on the ground; errors are inherent in any interpretation of ground qualities. Due to the "snapshot" nature of the DOQs, this vegetation layer reflects conditions that existed when the imagery was collected. Please visit http://www.usgs.gov/core_science_systems/csas/vip/
to download the data and obtain the complete FGDC metadata record.
Black Canyon of The Gunnison National Park (BLCA), CO
All Layers and Tables
Web Mapping Service: Spatial Vegetation Data for Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park Vegetation Mapping Project
Northern Colorado Plateau Network, Inventory and Monitoring Program.
Single Fused Map Cache:
Spatial Reference: 102113
Spatial Reference: 102113
Supported Image Format Types:
- Title: Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Author: Theresa Singh
- Comments: Vegetation Classification and Mapping Project Report, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. All polygon features are checked for topology using the ArcGIS software. There are no duplicate features present. The tests for logical consistency are performed in ArcGIS. All attribute codes and attributes have been checked for typographical and logical errors. This data contains all the polygons mapped both in and surrounding Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. All data in the project area were classified and digitized. This includes alliances/community association classes, density classes, and unvegetated/landuse.
- Subject: Spatial Vegetation Data for Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park Vegetation Mapping Project
- Keywords: U.S. National Vegetation Classification, Alliance, Association, Vegetation Community
- Credits: Northern Colorad Plateau Network, Inventory and Monitoring Program. Acknowledgment of e2M and the National Park Service would be appreciated in products derived from these data. Any person using the information presented here should fully understand the data collection and compilation process before beginning their analysis/use. The burden of determining fitness for use lies with the user.
- AntialiasingMode: None
- TextAntialiasingMode: Force